Saturday, April 4, 2009

Collaborative Project - Week 1

My first week working on the new collaborative project was very interesting. I was assigned a student from Corpus Christi Montessori School named Mark. Mark’s project is on science biomes. As I knew little about science biomes, I was eager to get started. I emailed Mark and his family Monday night and received an email asking me to call at my convenience. I called the next morning and was asked to call back later. Because I had classes later, I emailed once again stating the purpose of the assignment as I understood it, offered a few suggestions for when we could get together for a face-to-face meeting, and left my phone number encouraging Mark and his family to call or email me with their preferred time and any questions. A few days later I decided it might be a good idea to get to work on explaining how a blog is created. I wrote a detailed (step-by-step) description of how to create a blog and begin blogging. I again emailed, attaching the explanatory document. Hopefully I’ll hear something soon! I can’t wait to meet Mark and learn more about science biomes and show him all about a few other cool computer tools!

A few questions I am planning to ask or incorporate into the project’s blog are:

1. What are biomes? Why are they important?
2. How many different kinds of biomes are in existence?
3. Where are biomes found? Does climate matter?
4. How do plants, animals, and other orgaisms live in biomes abd how do they affect each other?
5. How do biomes affect humans? how do humans affect biomes?

Plans for my parent-child meeting will include

1) In general, getting to know the parent and child
2) Finding out what the child wants to achieve from this project
3) Asking what role they would like me to play and how I can be of assistance in the project
4) Help Mark set up his blog and get started on ideas for his voice thread
5) Have a good time and learn something new!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment